- Articles of Incorporation
- Submitted to the state of Delaware on June 6, 2006, filed on June 13 and signed by the Secretary of State on June 24, 2006. Our authentication number is 4853911.
- EIN (Employer Identification Number)
- Filed on July 24, 2006, and our number is 37-1525141. This number is necessary step along the way to applying for non-profit status.
- Approved by the Board of Directors on November 5, 2006.
- Organization opened for memberships on November 15, 2006.
- Form 1023 Filed
- Our Form 1023 (pdf file, approximately 370KB), which is required to receive 501(c)(3) status, was mailed in to the
IRS on December 7, 2006. For you, this means that all donations are
tax deductible. For us, it means that we don't have to pay taxes on
donations and other income. Once approved, our status will be
retroactive to our date of incorporation (June 24, 2006).
- First Corporate Annual Report Filed
- Delaware requires that this be filed yearly prior to March 1st, and ours was submitted in February. Next year (2008), we will also have to file with IRS for fiscal year 2007.
- 501(c)(3) Status Granted
- We recieved notice on March 31, 2007 that all our hard work had paid off.
- First Election
- Our first Board Member election ran from March 19 until May 20, 2007, with 75% of our Members voting.