Bylaws of Deaf Dog Connections, Advocacy, Resources & Education (D2Care)
Corporate Records and Reports
Section A. Maintenance of Corporate Records
The Corporation shall keep at its Principle Office copies of (electronic and/or paper):
- Minutes of all meetings of Directors, Committees of the Board, all meetings of Members, indicating the time and place of holding such meetings, whether regular or special, how called, the notice given, and the names of those present and the proceedings thereof;
- Adequate and correct books and records of account, including accounts of its properties and business transactions and accounts of its assets, liabilities, receipts, disbursements, gains, and losses;
- A record of its Members indicating their names and addresses and, if applicable, the class of Membership held by each Member and the termination date of any Membership;
- A copy of the Corporation's Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws as amended to date, which shall be open to inspection by the Members of the Corporation at all reasonable times during office hours.
Section B. Directors' Inspection Rights
Every Director shall have the absolute right, at any reasonable time, to inspect and copy all books, records, and documents of every kind and to inspect the physical properties of the Corporation, and shall have such other rights to inspect the books, records, and properties of this Corporation as may be required under the Articles of Incorporation, other provisions of these Bylaws, and Provisions of Law.
Section C. Members' Inspection Rights
Every Member shall have the following inspection rights, for a purpose reasonably related to such person's interest as a Member:
- To inspect and copy the record of all Members' names and e-mail addresses during normal business hours, upon written demand on the Membership Officer of the Corporation, which demand shall state the purpose for which the inspection rights are requested;
- To obtain from the Membership Officer of the Corporation, upon written demand on, and payment of a reasonable charge to, the Membership Officer of the Corporation, a list of the names of those Members entitled to vote for the election of Directors as of the most recent record date for which the list has been compiled or as of the date specified by the Member subsequent to the date of demand. The demand shall state the purpose for which the list is requested. The Membership list shall be made available within a reasonable time after the demand is received by the Membership Officer of the Corporation or after the date specified therein as of which the list is to be compiled;
- To inspect at any reasonable time the books, records, or minutes of proceedings of the Members or of the Board or Committees of the Board, upon written demand on the Membership Officer of the Corporation by the Member, for a purpose reasonably related to such person's interests as a Member;
- The Board of Directors has the right to determine if the purpose for the request is a proper purpose which is defined as a purpose reasonably related to person's interest as a Member;
- Requests from outside of the Organization shall be denied unless the request is made by a governmental body or Attorney or other legally recognized Agent on behalf of a member.
Members shall have such other rights to inspect the books, records, and properties of this Corporation as may be required under the Articles of Incorporation, other provisions of these Bylaws, and Provisions of Law.
Section D. Right to Copy and Make Extracts
Any inspection under the Provisions of this Article may be made in person or by a legally recognized Agent or Attorney and the right to inspection shall include the right to copy and make extracts.
Section E. Periodic Report
The Board shall cause any Annual or periodic Report required under law to be prepared and delivered to an Office of this State and to the Members of this Corporation, to be so prepared and delivered within the time limits set by law.