Bylaws of Deaf Dog Connections, Advocacy, Resources & Education (D2Care)
Section A. IRC Section 501(c)(3) Purposes
This Corporation is organized exclusively for one or more of the purposes as specified in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, including, for such purposes, the making of distributions to organizations that qualify as exempt organizations under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Section B. Specific Objectives and Purposes
The specific objectives and purposes of this Corporation shall be:
- Connect with the general public, veterinary professionals, rescue organizations, purebred dog clubs, breeders, and others about living with and training of deaf dogs, through the development and sharing of resources and educational programs.
- Support, advocate, and implement research to provide quantifiable data on deaf dogs.
- Develop educational programs to encourage positive attitudes toward deaf dogs, and work to dispel the misinformation and mythology surrounding deafness in dogs.
- Advocate and encourage acceptance and participation of deaf dogs in recognized canine activities, including (but not limited to) Obedience, Agility, Rally, Tracking competitions, as well as Therapy Dog or Search and Rescue work.
- Develop a positive, supportive, and educational resource environment (through the use of our website and other educational formats), for anyone working or living with deaf dogs.
- Support and encourage rescue organizations to accept deaf dogs, by providing resources and funding (based on need and purpose for funds).
- Connect deaf dogs needing homes with caring, appropriate families, by dedicating a portion of our website to list biographies of deaf dogs available for adoption.